Thread: Couldn't resist--zero turn mower mod

Couldn't resist--zero turn mower mod

This wasn't actually my idea. My dealer mentioned that he was looking for a hitch to fit the zero turns like I bought so customers could pull a sprayer or small trailer around. Then I splashed through a mud hole while mowing the first time and got to thinking about what I'll do if--err--when I get it stuck. Lots of places to hook on the front but nowhere on the back. So I came up with this quick little project. Husqvarna conveniently provided bolts in a perfect spot. There was even enough length.

Since they went to a lot of trouble to add rubber isolators all over the machine to prevent rattles, I added some on the shackle pin. Just rubber hose slightly compressed so it can't bounce around.
    Attached Images Attached Images

what did the dealer think of this ? now the factory will add this unto their new models

It should work well for pulling it out of the mud, but most lawn tractor utility trailers want to connect via a vertical pin dropped through a hole and the hole would need to be further away from the tractor/mower to allow for turning.

Charley

Yes. I originally designed it with that in mind, but decided for my needs it didn't need to stick put that far so I shortened it up.

That is really a great idea!

And it works. Tried mowing an area I usually don't because it stays wet. Thought it was dry enough but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    And it works. Tried mowing an area I usually don't because it stays wet. Thought it was dry enough but I guess not.
    you must be talking about Chief Standing Water
    because I see the mower crew out in a decent rain shower, not many people that get pay to take showers while they work