Thread: Totally shameless new tool GLOAT and review....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Totally shameless new tool GLOAT and review....

Well...I bit the bullet and bought the Hitachi C10FSH sliding compound miter saw. Reviews from a couple of years ago listed a few items that needed improving. Believe it or not Hitachi was listening when they designed the new saw. They upgraded the bevel and miter scales to make them very easy to read. The new table has very positive detents. Every setting is totally tool less. They even added a laser. I really thought the laser was going to be more gimmick than necessity but after using it a bit I really like it and I believe it will be very useful. The saw has a cross cut of more than 12" and bevels both left and right!! Ultra smooth sliding mechanism. Much smoother than the Dewalt 12" set up right next to it.

This is the first tool I ever bought that was dead on in every respect right out of the box!! I have tested and measured everything and I can find nothing that needs to be aligned or adjusted. Blew my mind!!! Many, many test cuts were dead on accurate.

I got everything set up on my old miter station except the jury is still out on the dust collection. The Hitachi has a larger than most 2" port that works fairly well but I will have to come up with something more to make me happy. I can tell the SCMS will be a very interesting tool to get good collection on.

I would highly recommend this saw to anyone looking for a SCMS.

Thanks,

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 04-29-2003 at 8:33 AM.