Thread: Sources for Wegner (The) Chair plan

Sources for Wegner (The) Chair plan

Hi all,

Anyone knows where to find somewhat accurate plans for Wegner's "The Chair" ? FWW#21 has an article and a small sketch, is there something in Noritsugu Oda' book ?

Thanks !

I don't know of a source for plans but between the sketches in FWW#21 and this you might be able to get it sorted out. Unless you speak Danish you'll have to read the subtitles. I wouldn't be surprised if legitimate plans were unavailable. I would guess that PP Møbler keeps tight control over that sort of thing.

That was a fascinating video!! I was enthralled watching the process they go through to produce such a beautiful chair. Thanks for posting it!

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Near the end of the video, when the legs are being glued to the back/arms assembly, the craftsman uses one glue on the tenon, and a different glue on the shoulders. Anybody know what's going on there?

Jamie,

went back and watched it again. It appears its the same glue but he uses a small brush in the mortises and a larger one on the face around the mortise. Then he moves to the tenons and their shoulders using the small brush again. Looks like the same glue pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    Jamie,

went back and watched it again. It appears its the same glue but he uses a small brush in the mortises and a larger one on the face around the mortise. Then he moves to the tenons and their shoulders using the small brush again. Looks like the same glue pot.
    That'd make more sense.