Thread: The Wood Trifle

The Wood Trifle

My wife and I had a discussion yesterday regarding the better type of trifle. In the image below, you will see 2 examples. Hers, on the left, consists of strawberries, blueberries, slivered almonds sweet whipped cream, and pound cake. Mine, on the right, consists of cherry, walnut, maple (both hard AND soft!), white oak, and mahogony. While I will concede that hers may actually TASTE better, I bet I had more fun actually making mine!!

Two Trifles.JPG

What say YOU!

- Keith
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

+1!

I think the only bad thing about my recently added a Thein seperator is I can't see the trifle like I used to! Actually I always thought of it more like a geo-tech core sample, or like some of the cool mountain sides in Southern Utah.

Pour a little (or a lot) of epoxy into the bag. Yummmmmm!
    Good post. Can you send me some of Momma's?
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

:-) I discovered something similar when making cutting boards: Walnut, maple and purpleheart yield a delicious looking Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte (Black Forest Cake).

I bet yours will last longer and the ants won't get it, but then you may have to watch out for the termites.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    Pour a little (or a lot) of epoxy into the bag. Yummmmmm!
    Good post. Can you send me some of Momma's?
    Bill
    I was going to ask if you could take yours out of the "baking" container and have it hold together as well as your wife's, but I see Bill is thinking along the same lines.