Thread: Any other choices besides fein for a 1.5" hose?

Any other choices besides fein for a 1.5" hose?

I finally have a free fein so now I can vacuum off my cnc router table. it looks like most of the floor pieces use 1.5" hose. I also need a longer one so it looks like I need to buy one and a swiveling floor piece. fein wants 70.00 for the floor piece so I will get some other brand. So what other brand of hose would be good and durable?
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Blog Entries
    I am using a bosch hose for my small shopvac... I use it since it fits up well with my bosch sanders... ymmv

Blog Entries
    I recently bought a 25' sump pump hose at lowes for 9.99. It is 1.25 and comes with a 1.5 adapter I use it on my miter saws, power planer, and to extend my vacuum hoses. It is pretty rigid and works well for 9.99.

Steve, I picked up a pool vacuum hose at a yard sale for $5, 1-1/2 x 30 ft. Smooth inside walls, tough outer walls and more than flexible enough.
    Pool Hose

- Beachside Hank

Rockler also has a good 1.5" hose kit. I think it is the same as the pool vacuum hoses, very strong. When I checked Home Depot, they had it as well. However, Rockler was the better deal.

Sam

I have some pool hose and that works, but I find it a little too ridged

I have a central vacuum in my house and the local installer sells regular vacuum cleaner hose by the foot. This has a metal spiral in it and is flexible, but durable at the same time

I also have a Bosch hose that I bought to connect to my cyclone dust system. Then bought a 2nd Fein vacuum. (1st Fein vac was conscripted as a house vaccum due to quieter noise level).

I just tried the fit since you posted. It does fit, but doesn't "click" in so you can't pull the vacuum by the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis View Post
    I also have a Bosch hose that I bought to connect to my cyclone dust system. Then bought a 2nd Fein vacuum. (1st Fein vac was conscripted as a house vaccum due to quieter noise level).

I just tried the fit since you posted. It does fit, but doesn't "click" in so you can't pull the vacuum by the hose.
    The ring on the vacuum end of the hose that "clicks" in and allows you to pull the vacuum by the hose is Fein only. That mechanism also allows the hose to rotate at that point.