Thread: Lines in CorelDRAW

Lines in CorelDRAW

I am trying to figure out how to scale the width of lines in corel draw. Lets say I draw something up and have the lines .1 inches wide and once I am done I select it all and scale it up or down the line width stays at .1 instead of scaleing with the drawing. Can someone tell me how to make the line width automatically scale with the image?
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

In the Object Properties for lines (the tab with the pen-nib), there is a box to tick - "scale with image".
    This will do exactly what you want.

It is normally possible to select a completed drawing and set "scale with image" for all the lines. Sometimes though, it does not do all of them, so it is worth checking.
    (Multiple selection definitely does not work properly for grouped lines).
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

That helps if I plan in advance before drawing the line, but it doesn't allow me to select a line that is already drawn and scale it with image. Is there anyway to do that?

Hans (35 watt YAG)

Nope I select a vetor image at 2" ungroup - select all - change line default to scale with image- enlarged image to 20" and checked line thickness.......all change as they should.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), Wizzard 2000, NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Ricoh GXe3300 Gel Ink Printer, 15" Heat Press & Genny (15 oz Sublimation Mug Press),
    CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Just tried it again and it worked, the first image I tried it with must have had some bitmap in it because scale with image wasn't even an image when I had it all selected. Thanks for the help.

Hans (35 watt YAG)

One thing you will find, if you are doing vector logos that must be engraved much smaller than normal. When you reduce the logo size, all the lines also get thinner in proportion to everything else. Once that thickness reduces to below .007 (on average) the laser will/may consider it to be a 'cut' line, and ignore it in the raster mode, and cut it if in the combination mode, which can ruin the job.. This is where exporting it to a bitmap is the only way to get a decent engraving on many small logos.. Like many other things, this was discovered the hard and expensive way..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Bill

Some lasers have settings where you can engrave what would normally be cut lines. Trotec job control does that.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Evolis Card Printer
    CorelDraw X5