Thread: the Beast !!

the Beast !!

Jim...
    Better get out a can of yeller paint and have Joey send a sticker kit!! Or I could send a gallon of BLUE down with Ryan!
    GC
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

i dunno !! this one has such historical roots in leading all that bunch!! these guys were way ahead of thier time !!

Wow! That is huge!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That thing's almost bigger than my home shop...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

yep still in awe we got it running as good as we did !!

Jim,

Congratulations on getting the beast running. Looking forward to seeing it in person on Friday.

Angie

What is it, what did you do to it, who's Angie, and what did Angie do to help?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

angie posted above you !! he called me one day and said he had a friend who had a digital and was not using it (wanted the floor space in his plant more than the machine) i drove up and had been around these macvhines before so i knew what my worst case would be to make it run ! low and behold i thank angie for the lead as i bought it on the spot. just sold my first large sculpted panel job for it !

I figured he posted before me, I just didn't know his role or what you had to do to it. What did you have to do? New everything as far as motors and controls or just tinker with existing stuff to get the bugs worked out?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

new seat of wincnc worked out what was what and cranked it up !!