Thread: Worksharp 3000 - Spokeshave Jig

Blog Entries

Worksharp 3000 - Spokeshave Jig

This same concept could be applied to various short and difficult to hold irons. I built the box/stand for my WS3K back in 2009. I added a shop made adjustable wide blade attachment around the first of the year -

WS3K-Wide-Table-plane-iron-.jpg

I needed to touchup my LA spokeshave iron and wanted to try the Worksharp this time. I cut a slot in a squared up piece of ash, countersunk and threaded some screw holes to pinch the iron and had at it. Surprisingly, it worked very well. The screws act as stops to keep the iron square when mounting so drill them accurately. Any angle jig or even free hand could work for this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Pretty slick setup!

Blog Entries
    Yes, very slick indeed.... ok, here is a new challenge.. a jig for circular (cigar) shave blades

4. Very nice set up Glenn. I hope you dont mind if I use this idea. Also Im am just about to buy my ws3000, and was wanting to build a stand in place of the wide blade attachment, is there any way I could get the sketch up of your box that you built. Really looks useful.

Blog Entries
    Sorry Jason, I fell asleep on this one. I went to look for the SU drawing on that one and I apparently purged it awhile back. I didn't mean to take so long to respond with no help.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

that looks like a great alternative to the planing jig that WS sells