Thread: Purple TruStone Pen and Tutorial

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Purple TruStone Pen and Tutorial

I've made several TruStone pens before, but this was the first time working with this purple version.

It's pretty brittle, so it was slow going, with very light cuts with sharp carbide tools.

It was a commission from my bride's co-worker, so it's nice to have it completed.

I documented photos of the step-by-step making of this pen, hopefully I'll find some time to put the photos into a short video so those who might like to try this can see how it's done.

Also, this is the first time I've tried using a rather unusual photographic setup/background suitable for small items... more to come on that later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs