Thread: SPRING is here ! ! !!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

SPRING is here ! ! !!

I notice this morning the HUGE Bradford Pear tree next to my shop has broken out in bloom this morning. That has always been my sign that Spring has sprung. Forcast for the day is also sunny and 65°.

Of course there is still some bad news -- -- guys like Frank Pellow and others who still live in far North regions will still have to stay in hibernation in front of their computers for awhile yet before then can return to their shops

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

I'd be one of those hibernation guys, except I am too stuborn to stay out of it. That is what warm clothes are for! This morning I sholved yesterday's snow! Hopefully the last of the year!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Ken
    It's up to 40 deg and sunny here in Minnesota. Still some snow on the ground but hopefully not for long.
    Those who sense the winds of change should build windmills, not windbreaks.

Dave Wilson

Your title made me think "John Miliunas has arrived!" We all welcome Spring!
    Jerry

Yeah...the snakes are blooming here
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Ken -

You are right. My two favorite days are when I see the first buds starting to green up on the trees (you know it is close) and the first day I see a halter top. (Then you know spring is here.)

Ted
    Last edited by Ted Shrader; 03-22-2005 at 1:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Of course there is still some bad news -- -- guys like Frank Pellow and others who still live in far North regions will still have to stay in hibernation in front of their computers for awhile yet before then can return to their shops
    Hey Ken, have you nver heard of tunnels through the snow between bulidings? Seriously, when I was a kid living mush further north than I do now, we did exactly that.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
    Hey Ken, have you nver heard of tunnels through the snow between bulidings? Seriously, when I was a kid living mush further north than I do now, we did exactly that.
    You mean there is land North of you that you could actually dig a tunnel through

I THOUGHT IT ALL LOOKED LIKE THIS:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.