Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Seduction"

John --- You have a very fertile imagination! Love the title and the piece.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Trout View Post
    John,

I really like the piece. Wonderful form, but I think it might look better without the foot. But that may just be my taste.

Alan
    I have to agree here, Alan took the words right out of my mouth. Did you hand carve or power carve? Either way It looks like a good even flow to the carving as well.

You folks are way too kind - I do appreciate your comments! The original sketch did not have the base/foot, however, while it was still on the chuck I conferred with Ms. Keeton and we agreed the foot was needed to lift the form. It sat fairly heavy without the foot - perhaps that is because "she" is a bit heavy in the hips! I nice pair of "spike heels" kept her from looking dumpy.

Joe, the minimal carving was done by hand.

this is different for you. I like the neck treatment. I have seen this type of carving before & have always liked it..seems to give grace to a vessel.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe