Thread: Help! Need lumber source - clear pine

Help! Need lumber source - clear pine

Hi, all -

I debated writing a long, pleading message, but the short version just seems so much more efficient: I used to live in TX and the SE (TN, GA, AL) for a long time, and have a soft spot in my heart for clear pine for certain projects. I live in California now, and can't find a decent source for clear pine, especially for clear Eastern White Pine, which is by far my favorite. Does anyone know of good pricing mail-order providers from whom I can source some of this? I'm getting to where I'm going order 100bf+ just to have it on hand, and I can't find anything that isn't knotty or yellow.

TIA,

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Blog Entries
    It won't be the cheapest place, but our local Home Depot carries clear white pine. I found some really nice stuff several years ago that I used for a pantry for my DIL.kristinpantry2.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

It is expensive, but Southern Lumber in San Jose has a huge selection of clear pine ( and numerous varieties of hardwoods. It is all milled to finished thickness and available in many thicknesses. No mail order but might be worth a drive sometime,
    Dick Mahany.