Thread: Delta 22-560 planer

Delta 22-560 planer

I got a new (to me) delta planer yesterday and it needs a new armature, The problem is when I look up ordering a replacement it comes up as Obsolete - Not Available discontinued N/A So my question is, am I out of luck or can I somehow get this thing running like it should again?
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

I'd try a an electric motor re-builder, they should be able to rewind the armature. I have a place nearby that does that very thing. I've used them several times for this type of work.

Mac

I had one of those, until I wore it out. Good planer.

After I wore it out, I went looking for another one. Delta made a cheaper look-alike for a while, but it had no cutterhead lock and sniped really bad so I took it back after a day. It didn't have a 22-xxx model number--it was something like TI-400. Maybe you could dig around and find one of those to scavenge, or check under that model number. The whole thing might have got dropped when B&D bought Delta a few years ago.

Kirk

I called them up already, it is the communicator on the armature that are burned, they are not sure if they can replace the pads, I am bringing it in tomorrow to have them give me an estimate. I have a feeling that it will cost more to have it rewound and new pads put on it than what it is worth(that is IF they can put new pads on it at all).
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Joe,
    How did you make out w/ the estimate? I used to have one of these Planers and sold it to my son for a start up shop. If there's parts issues I'd like to know so I can make things right with him.

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hillmann View Post
    I called them up already, it is the communicator on the armature that are burned, they are not sure if they can replace the pads, I am bringing it in tomorrow to have them give me an estimate. I have a feeling that it will cost more to have it rewound and new pads put on it than what it is worth(that is IF they can put new pads on it at all).

Not Joe but if you look here you can get an idea about parts availability
    http://www.ereplacementparts.com/del...3571_3579.html
    Scroll down a bit and look at the red boxes. Some of the stuff like screws can likely be found elsewhere. Some stuff cannot. I have 2 Delta/Porter-Cable machines that have had/will have parts issues if they break. I've bought nothing from either company since Black & Decker's acquisition.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 02-03-2012 at 8:10 AM.

Curt,
    Thanks for the link.
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Not Joe but if you look here you can get an idea about parts availability
    http://www.ereplacementparts.com/del...3571_3579.html
    Scroll down a bit and look at the red boxes. Some of the stuff like screws can likely be found elsewhere. Some stuff cannot. I have 2 Delta/Porter-Cable machines that have had/will have parts issues if they break. I've bought nothing from either company since Black & Decker's acquisition.