Thread: Panther head saw medallion

Panther head saw medallion

Does anyone know what size the medallion is on the Woodrough McParlin panther head saw. I have a Woodrough McParlin saw (not a panther head) that is a basket case. the medallion is 61/64 according to my caliper but I think it is intended to 15/16ths.

I have always intended to build a nicer sawtill and one of the features I was going to add is panel that had medallions from a bunch of different makers and eras. If this is the same size as a panther head medallion, I'll ebay it as I'm sure there is someone doing a restore somewhere that needs it. However, if it is a different size, I'll save it for my sawtill.

thanks
    pat

Blog Entries
    I had a group of six saw medallions that I sold on ebay.

Of all the things that I have sold on ebay, that is the only collection that I feel I should have kept.

Unless you see that the particular medallion is going to go for a lot, you will likely get more enjoyment looking at it on your saw till than the enjoyment you will derive from the money.

Oh, and pictures please.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    I had a group of six saw medallions that I sold on ebay.

Of all the things that I have sold on ebay, that is the only collection that I feel I should have kept.

Unless you see that the particular medallion is going to go for a lot, you will likely get more enjoyment looking at it on your saw till than the enjoyment you will derive from the money.

Oh, and pictures please.

jtk
    Thanks for the reality check, Jim. I've been focused lately on getting rid of the "extras" or "little used" and I've forgotten about all the "gee, I wish I still had that" items.

I believe I have my answer.
    thanks
    Pat