Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke & odor removal

if smoke bother the non-smoking so much why did the non-smoking crowd always hung around the smoking section

I'm sorry I asked the question. I had no intention of upsetting anyone. I would ask the moderators to close the thread before it gets worse.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    if smoke bother the non-smoking so much why did the non-smoking crowd always hung around the smoking section
    Really, Ray? Are you just trolling now?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Michigan's and Ohio's smoking bans did wonders for the smell in our our restaurants and bars. At least one place in Ohio put in separate, "sealed" rooms with separate HVAC systems which also worked quite well. I wish they would ban smoking within a good distance of entrances to public places so I don't have to walk through it to get in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Some people believe we never put a man on the moon too. What can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I wish they would ban smoking within a good distance of entrances to public places so I don't have to walk through it to get in or out.

I second that motion, and hopefully in time that will happen.

how would you non-smokers feel if the states ban all wood turning because of the dust
    Ok, I may regret it, but I'll bite.

How exactly do you correlate woodturning in one's private garage/shop to someone smoking in public? If you cannot see the obvious difference here, I'm betting you're one of the inconsiderate smokers of this modern era that is partly responsible (other than health concerns) for the anti-public smoking "attitude" that we have today. It amazes me that so many people have no concern or consideration for those around them, and all they care about is their nicotine fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    NO, I not trolling , the weather outside are too cold for my boat which I do not own, fishing is a good way to get away from non-smokers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    Ok, I may regret it, but I'll bite.

How exactly do you correlate woodturning in one's private garage/shop to someone smoking in public? If you cannot see the obvious difference here, I'm betting you're one of the inconsiderate smokers of this modern era that is partly responsible (other than health concerns) for the anti-public smoking "attitude" that we have today. It amazes me that so many people have no concern or consideration for those around them, and all they care about is their nicotine fix.

the people that are in my face complain about the smoke, the people behind me complain about the gas fumes, everybody else complain about my smelling feet

the people that are in my face complain about the smoke, the people behind me complain about the gas fumes, everybody else complain about my smelling feet
    Quit smoking, change your diet, and take a bath?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    Quit smoking, change your diet, and take a bath?
    take a bath, do you expect me to sit in dirty water

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Michigan's and Ohio's smoking bans did wonders for the smell in our our restaurants and bars. At least one place in Ohio put in separate, "sealed" rooms with separate HVAC systems which also worked quite well. I wish they would ban smoking within a good distance of entrances to public places so I don't have to walk through it to get in or out.

Some people believe we never put a man on the moon too. What can you do?

In Ohio you must be a set distance from the door to smoke. Not sure what that distance is but at work we had to move the outdoor furniture so smokers could smoke. We had them set back about 100 feet.

As far as a ban on woodturning dust in restaurants. I would be 100% for that.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    As far as a ban on woodturning dust in restaurants. I would be 100% for that.
    "Stop oppressing me!"

"We're not oppressing you, Stan."
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

In Washington, when they banned smoking in public places (including within 25 feet of doors or opening windows), bar owners complained that it would hurt business. The reality is that business improved dramatically because all the people who stayed away because of the smoke returned. Nobody in business now complains about the ban.

In Virginia, businesses have the option of adding an addition with separate entrances and HVAC systems. In my area, I know of none that have done so. It tells me that the owners that complained of reduced business have discovered that isn't the case, and the economics of adding an approved smoking section doesn't warrant the expense.
    Last edited by Kevin W Johnson; 01-12-2012 at 7:55 PM.