Thread: Screws to fasten rotary fixture mercury II

Screws to fasten rotary fixture mercury II

I seems to have put the screws to my rotary fixture somewhere where i cant find them, so i wounder if someone can be nice enough to measure them (prefereble with a photo) so that i can find some exchagable screws. If someone know what thread it is would be helpful to.

Sincerelly
    Niklas

Hi.I dont have a bolt guage to check .If I drive past a hd I will check tomorow they have them in the hardware dept ,but using my caliper I think it is a m6 x1.0 x 20 metric cap head bolt
    GCC new mercury II 40 watt
    Corel Draw x5 suite
    All kinds of woodworking/construction junk

I never got any, and I probably wouldn't use them if I had them. If something goes wonky,
    I wouldn't want that head crashing into a rotary attachment that won't move! at least
    if it isn't bolted down, the head will push it out of the way.
    Then again .. I almost never use the rotary in it's 'correct' position anyway. I move it
    around according to what I'm engraving.. most of the time it sits up under the left
    rail, on top of the ruler (no cover on it)

But I have plenty of screws I can try and I'll see if I can find out

Checked today m6x1.0x20 I bought some exra in case I lose them.I always tighten my rotary down now.I have run jobs and bumped it while changing pieces and ruined them before .When the rotary is pluged in on my machine I have not way to move the y axis .I can slide the rotary left and right but there is no need thats what the offset setting is for.
    GCC new mercury II 40 watt
    Corel Draw x5 suite
    All kinds of woodworking/construction junk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Reinhard View Post
    I can slide the rotary left and right but there is no need thats what the offset setting is for.
    .. except for engraving those things that are juuuuust a few inches longer than the rotary.. and
    you disassemble it and stick parts down with duct tape and a prayer..