Thread: Boarded Jelly Cabinet

Boarded Jelly Cabinet

My girlfriend fell in love with some Jelly/Honey cabinets we saw photos of, so I picked up some rough pine and we planned. We started designing the thing around 10:45am today and did a bunch of milling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trevor Walsh
    TWDesignShop

Nice pics, not sure what a jelly cabinet is, but it looks like you guys are motoring along.

Ask yourself, how many girl friends know how to use a saw, let alone a hand saw. Keep us posted on the progress.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

A jelly cabinet is a usually tall but skinny 3-4 feet by 12ish square piece with several shelves. Things like canned jellies, preserves and other items you'd find in a pantry built-in today. We don't quite have enough pantry space low enough in our cabinets and being a rental they won't necessarily enjoy any improvements we might make.

Tom, no I haven't tried to figure that, but I'm glad I'm in this camp.
    Trevor Walsh
    TWDesignShop

Looks good. Looks like 2 of you know what your doing. Be glad to see it finish.
    Craig Lorence

While the girl is at work today I did a few things so that we can get right to work when she gets home. The first shot is the door being jointed and ready for end trimming and scribing to the opening, the back panel getting a test bead, and a clamp-up of the major parts so far.
    Trevor Walsh
    TWDesignShop

Finally, some paint on this thing. I should have the wood for the top in about a week and be able to finish it up.
    Trevor Walsh
    TWDesignShop

Very interesting piece, I had never heard of one but it makes sense. Keep the pic coming I am looking forwrad to seeing the finished cabinet!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks, us too. Should be going on a wood run soon.
    Trevor Walsh
    TWDesignShop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Winship View Post
    Ask yourself, how many girl friends know how to use a saw, let alone a hand saw. Keep us posted on the progress.
    Trevor my wife has no interest in woodwork, you need to get a ring on your girlfriend's finger. Forget about beautiful children, you two could have a beautiful workshop.

That has come up, I was talking to Raney from DaedToolworks, telling him how she suggested we turn the master bedroom of our apartment into the wood/sewing/craft room. He almost choked on his coffee and said I needed to marry that girl. It was a very funny moment.
    Trevor Walsh
    TWDesignShop