Thread: Christmas Wand Presents Done

Christmas Wand Presents Done

Merry Christmas all
    Heres the wands I made for my great nephews,and there will be no more I hope.
    Curly Movinga with Bocote stripe handle and yellow heart stripe in Leopard wood.
    Padauk with Livengy burl stripe handle and Holly stripe in Cocobola.006.jpg004.jpg
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Thats a pretty cool idea ! nice job, they look great.
    Your opinions and advice are welcome on anything i post - Thanks

Harry - when you catch the kids at the right age - wands make for a wonderful gift! Very nice work and I am sure your great nephews will love them!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Looks like there is a lot of magic in them Harry!

Nice looking wands Harry. You went to more work than I did. I made wands from plain cherry with a few rings burned in for embellishment. Grandson's age 3 and 5 seemed to like them.

If I could spell any of those HP spells I would list them...oooh! I got one.... Stupify!!!!!!!!! I can spell that one. I'm sure they love/will love them. I thought about doing that, too. But my niece and nephew are juuuuust a little too old for that. Great job.

If you do make another one, you should make the Elder Wand...maybe out of Box Elder?
    I drink, therefore I am.

wow, these are well done. Great colors too
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Great Wands! My 9-year-old grandson was really into the Harry Potter movies, when I started teaching him woodturning. He has made a lot of wands and given them to his friends. None as nice as yours, of course.
    Bill Smith

----------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving!