Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the Sawmill- Open Segmented Turner

Welcome Dale! I can segment...an orange, and that is the extent of my experience! Bill Wyco is a segment king, IMHO! How about some pictures?
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Dale good to have you on board the Creek is THE place to be on the net. Pictures of course, no picture didn't happen.
    Good to have ya, come on in and enjoy.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Thanks for all the comments. I need to apologize to john. He had to edit my original message. My wife would tell you i need a lot of editing. Anyway I attached a couple pictures of my work and the open segmented fixture that I'm using. If you are interested I'll post the drawings for the upgraded model I'm building.I also have a couple more pictures if someone wants to build one. I'm doing them in the .dxf format with turbocad. I'll email the files to whoever wants them. If you have any questions please ask. The open segmented bowl in the picture also has a ring with crosses and circles. It has top used in pot pouri( spelling?) bowls. The other pictures show urns and candlestick holders. The picture on the right shows an open turned top made from several pieces. I need to give credit to William Smith and his book on open segmented turning. It is a must if you get into this.I did the engraving on the top with my Zen CNC router. It is a slick tool. I'll do another message on my duplicator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dale, thanks for the pics! I could look at these all day...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Dale, cool turnings. I look forward to more. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Blog Entries
    Very nice Dale, I too am a segmenter. you'll be right at home here. Lots of fantastic woodworkers and more info than you could read in a lifetime. One rule here though. If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen. So welcome and post away with the pics.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I posted a rather long item in the Woodturner's Resource Forum on my Open Segmented Assembly fixture. I've included a lot of pictures there. I will redo it here if you think it is neccessary or you can't find it.
    Attached Images Attached Images