Thread: upgraded lathe bench

upgraded lathe bench

Added some drawers. Upper and lower frame sections are filled with sand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C&C WELCOME

Nice Bench. The extra weight will greatly improve your Nova. I have been using an older Nova 3000 for many years and the only thing I don't like about it is the stand. I have turned chunks that took two men to mount and small ornaments with ease and it is still going strong. If Teknatool had a heavier stand they would be hard to beat.

Nice stand, but is that black protrusion on the stand front a belly button scratcher?

That is an extra mount for the light when I am turning with the head stock rotated outboard.
    C&C WELCOME

Looks like some nice, clean work, Allan - that should be solid as a rock!

Hi Allen..I did the same for my lathes, but I even went further & bolted the bench to the wall!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

It is a pole building and the solid wall suport is not easily accessed or it would have been lag bolted to the wall. Also had to move it 3" out from the wall since the Monster's laser light was hitting the wall. May jet try to anchor to the wall. Out of balance blanks could shake a dump truck.
    C&C WELCOME

Really a nice, stout looking bench.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.