Thread: 10" blade noise

10" blade noise

I just purchased a new 10" Unisaw(and love it). It came with a HSS blade. I replaced the HSS blade with a 60 tooth carbide tipped blade that I had on my old saw. It is a fairly new blade. The blade developes a very high pitched harmonics (ringing) type sound on the Unisaw. I tried several differeent blades that I ussed on the old saw and all seem to sound the same. I am wondering if anyone can suggest a blade to buy that would produce less noise? Maybe I am just used to my old saw not turning as fast!!! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Blade noise

Patrick,
    Does the blade that came with the saw have the same noise? Is your new blade or the "older" ones a "box store" special or it is a "Top end" blade? Are you sure that they are sharp - REALLY sharp?

There are so many blade designs available today that an instant analysis is quite difficult. You may wish to consider adding blade stabilizers to your "system". It's amazing what high RPMs and a bit of heat can do to supposedly "flat" pieces of metal.

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Some blades will really scream at you. I've got one Jesada combo blade that will drive me out of the shop if I raise it more than an inch above the table, whie using the Uniguard. With the Uniguard lifted, it's no noisier than my WWII, though. Go figure...

Sawblades

The blades are $45 to $50 dollar blades....they are sharp. I hope I did not confuse you.... the blade has the high pitched sound when it is not in the cut. It is OK when actually cutting. Probably normal. Just different than what I am accustomed to. Thanks for the responses.

i had asimilar problem n a radial arm saw, and like dale mentioned it was the blade. had a stablizer on it and stril noise got rid of it and got a newer one and it left. and this all was caused from my wife saying ti was to loud i had grown accustomed to it and she hated it. glad i found the culprit.. so a good new blad may very well cure you trouble.
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!