Thread: Large Salad Bowl

Large Salad Bowl

Here is a Large Segmented Salad Bowl. It is Cherry with a Curly Maple accent ring, 15" diameter and 7 1/2" high. There are 10 rings with 16 Segments each and a solid bottom. It is made as a utility bowl and, therefore, finished with several coats of Mineral Oil.

It is probably to big for any salad that the wife and I will ever make, so I will just use it for my morning cereal.

PC171363.JPGPC171362.JPG

What ya think?

Looks very nice! What actually (size wise) makes a salad bowl? Is there a size that is a standard and goes from there or no?

Bill, that is about the right size to use for my popcorn bowl. But, using such a pretty bowl for anything, let alone popcorn, would be a crime. Beautiful bowl.
    I turn, therefore I am

Nice work, Bill! That is gonna hold a bunch of Cheerios!!!!!!

5. That is one PUR-DEEE Bowl.................real nice work Bill...........great joints and you always have super nice segmented turnings............should do well for the family size dinner salad!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 12-18-2011 at 4:44 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Cereal? Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,I'm thinking not...........way too pretty for cereal. Beautiful bowl, and a labor of love, for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Bill..you have my word that during the summer, my family will fill that with salad 3 times a week. That big stuff is just amazing!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Beautiful bowl Bill. Will look right nicely on the table full of salad.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice bowl, Bill. Better head over and buy some Capt'n Crunch.

Nicely done! I think it's perfect for cereal... You just need to make a giant spoon!

Very nice Bill.

Great looking bowl there Bill. Don't fill it with raisin bran though...you'll be asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wolfe View Post
    Great looking bowl there Bill. Don't fill it with raisin bran though...you'll be asking for trouble.
    Bran? -- yuck! I'm more of a Capt'n Crunch kind of guy.

Great bowl Bill. Though if you need a bowl this size, I would suggest looking for a heartier cereal.

now that is one big salad bowl! very very nice!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe