Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cavity Inspection Camera

Cavity Inspection Camera

I have been looking at several brands of these inspection cameras. They all seem to have similar features, 3' cable, detachable screen, SD card slot. Anyone have one of these would like to share your likes and dislikes?
    Thanks!
    Ed

Umm, what cavity are we discussing here?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by ed vitanovec View Post
    I have been looking at several brands of these inspection cameras. They all seem to have similar features, 3' cable, detachable screen, SD card slot. Anyone have one of these would like to share your likes and dislikes?
    Thanks!
    Ed
    I just use my sawzall with a 10" blade. There is a lot more adventure finding things that way.....

For those clueless minds, I'm talking inside of walls looking for wires and pipes.

If Ridgid is one of your choices, and the LSA is available, then it's a "no brainer" to me. You know it's going to die at some point.

If it's a one-off job, look at the harbor freight. No sd slot but decent video quality and lower price
    Last edited by Jim Terrill; 12-10-2011 at 9:39 PM.

I bought the "see snake" from HD some time ago, they had them clearanced for $50.

Ed,
    if all your going to look at is static items in your walls and the holes can be drilled large enough then whatever your budget allows should be fine. Dewalt and milwaukee make them but if your really needing detail and /or high speed video capabilities then you better open your wallet. We have some in work that have 6500 degree LED illumination,high frame rates in video mode, etc etc that allows us to inspect our gear sets at full speed and load right down to the gear teeth faces to check for wear patterns.Whatever you decide to do with it ,the unit that can do it is out there.
    Greg

PS I've never looked at the HF unit cause I try to avoid HF as much as possible.

I won't need any high speed capabilities. I think this would be a useful tool around the house and working on cars as well. I saw one made by whisler today at costco, it uses aa batteries and had some nice features for $150.

Had my $80 with coupon Harbor Freight for 3 years...great tool for the money!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Umm, what cavity are we discussing here?
    Yeah, Myk........saw the thread tittle and realized I am a few months from a visit to my gastroenterologist
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

For those clueless minds, I'm talking inside of walls looking for wires and pipes.
    Thanks!
    I don't mind admitting I was clueless until I read that.
    Midway through the serious posts, I'd come to the conclusion one would be handy to have around.

My wife and I were just arguing over the other last week..I keep telling her what part of exit only is unclear to you?

If you aren't going to be using it where you wouldn't want to have your laptop (assuming you have a laptop) have you looked into the USB versions with no monitor. The prices are really interesting and some have pretty good reviews.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I have the expensive Snap-on one, it sucks. The video is horrible, not worth the plastic its made from.

Don

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ed vitanovec View Post
    I won't need any high speed capabilities. I think this would be a useful tool around the house and working on cars as well. I saw one made by whisler today at costco, it uses aa batteries and had some nice features for $150.
    We have the DeWalt here at work and it seems to be fine for what you are planning. I don't remeber the price but think it was around $200.