Thread: help air compressor ??

1. help air compressor ??

hello there

please i need help to buy an air compressor . i use vls 4.60 and i have already a compressor but its too noisy . i`m searching for silent one with 220 volt . i saw one yesterday 114 psi 6 gallon oilless is it work ok with me ? what is your suggestions?
    VLS 4.60 50w
    corel x5
    Autocad 2010
    new in laser world

That one won't be quiet either. The most silent are the better airbrush pumps, they run all the time with no tank, and only put out 25-40 lbs. but I use one on my laser and it's quieter than the exhaust fan or laser itself.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

From quietest to loudest - diaphram (airbrush type) - oil bath - oil-less. Oil-less are the very worst!

Gary

Since the laser only needs 10 pounds of pressure, you can use a small airbrush compressor. The absolute quietest ones (47 db) are used for nail salons and bakery decorating. They are tiny (the size of a brick) and cheap enough ($50) to buy a new one every year if you have to. Mine seem to last about 2 - 3 years of daily use before they lose pressure. I complained about the pressure once and got a new one for free, because they said it was under a 2 year warranty, even though it was over two years old..

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Hi Dee:

Vendor please......... pretty please......... please with a cherry on top...... please with a water melon on top.............
    Legend 24EX, Amaya (Big Red), Server Farm, PBX System Integrator, (5) Shopsmith Mark VII's. Smithy metal 3-1, anything old and grey I will think about buying. " I learn from failure - I learn everyday, but only fail when I refuse to learn."

6. Thanks for all The airbrush compressor will not give me the psi which i want , today i change the place of my old compressor and its work fine , its far from my laser about 30 meter with 8mm hose and i try it its work fantastic , i connect a switch for it inside my workshop , in my contry the airbrush silent compressor they sell it about 1000$ and its too much and not give me my psi , that wich i use its about 700$ , 2.5hp Thanks all again and sorry for my english its not very well
    VLS 4.60 50w
    corel x5
    Autocad 2010
    new in laser world

Quote Originally Posted by andrew zen View Post
    Hi Dee:

Vendor please......... pretty please......... please with a cherry on top...... please with a water melon on top.............
    Andrew,

I got mine from Tri-City Paint (they have a website). It's called a Mini Air Compressor, piston type, oil-less. Model TC-18. I paid 44.99 plus shipping for $10. Really you can't go wrong if you only need a little bit of air. It's not good enough for other applications, but 47 db is about half the lowest loudness I could find elsewhere.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong