Thread: question for those with G0555x and riser block

question for those with G0555x and riser block

I just bought this saw and set it up without the riser block as the block was on back order. Everything worked great. Finally got the block and got it installed but I can't get the supplied 105" blade on the saw; it's like it's about an inch short. I have 105" woodslicer and general purpose blades on the way but want to make sawdust now. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong??

Thanks.

Paul I spent several hours getting our 555 adjusted to run the 105 band. Matter of fact I had to get a machinest friend to come over and help reset the tension
    setting. Wish you luck.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

I have the GO555X w/ riser and have the 105" WS blade.

I never mounted the 105" Grizzly blade, but did mount the WS. To get mine to mount, I had to crank the tension knob very low to be able to get it on, then tighten it up to tension for the installed blade. I cranked the scale well below the size of the blade width to get it to mount. It took a another good bit of cranking to get the tension back to where it should be (that knob isn't the easiest thing to turn when the tension gets tighter) but it worked for me. Not sure if there's a better way (I'm a bit of a novice on BS's but this worked for me).

It didn't take me as long as Gary, but it wasn't 10 minutes either. I was probably working on mine for about 30-45 min. Of course, I am a novice so others may be much faster than that.

Good luck. It's a great saw IMO. Good choice.

T
    Please try to explain what you think you don't understand!!

Ditto. The G0555X with riser block really takes a 106" blade. If you already have a 105" blade, lower the tension as much as you can and then wrestle the blade on.