Thread: Christmas Present ready to be mailed

Christmas Present ready to be mailed

I made the wife a set of these spatulas last month. She liked them enough to want to give some for Christmas to friends and relatives. I made a total of ten. Two had to be shipped early, so no pictures of them. The Spatulas are made from Apitong, an Asian Hardwood, and the holder from Poplar. The wife did the burning and painting.

Photo2.jpgphoto11.jpgphoto10.jpgPhoto8.jpgPhoto7.jpgPhoto5.jpgPhoto4.jpgPhoto3.jpg

What ya think?

I think those are great!! Well made and functional to boot! Did you make the spatulae (more than one) too?
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Nice collaboration with the wife. I'm sure they will be liked.

Neat gift idea! I've never heard of that Asian wood, but it looks a bit like subdued paduak or orangey mahogany... Neat stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    Neat gift idea! I've never heard of that Asian wood, but it looks a bit like subdued paduak or orangey mahogany... Neat stuff!
    My son-in-law builds trailers and this is the wood that they use to deck the high end ones with. These are the cut offs from a trailer that they were building for the State of Illinois. It is three time harder than White Oak. Turns nice, but a little dusty.

6. WoWzers, Mr. Bill! You have been busy since you got that allergic reaction.........what nifty presents those are!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!