Thread: Anybody catch the "Pearl Harbor: 24 hours after" documentary ?

Anybody catch the "Pearl Harbor: 24 hours after" documentary ?

I saw it last night on the History channel. Really well done. Contained lots of info I had never heard about. I highly recommend it if it is going to be shown again. It was the first time I had heard the whole text of FDRs speech to Congress asking for the war declaration.

Blog Entries
    I saw most of it; will definitely watch it again and more closely next time. I was doing something else and half watching/listening and I missed a lot of the graphics on the screen. Pretty detailed info about how determined he was to walk into Congress and how he managed to do it.
    Last edited by Jim Rimmer; 12-08-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks for the heads up, saw the preview and then forgot to record it. It will be run again on Sat afternoon.

Yep - watched it twice actually. It was on @ it's normal time, then repeated later - like 12:00am or something.
    It changed my opinion of FDR quite a bit.
    Good show. Worth watching.

I saw it. One screw-up on top of another led to the demise of our ships, and men.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Excellent production, I hope anyone interested in history at all gets a chance to watch this.

Mac

I wasn't aware, so missed it. If anyone knows of it being shown again, please let us know.

Thanks,

bob

Bob,
    Hate to tell you this, I believe it was on at 5PM today.......It does look like you can buy the DVD at History channel, release date is sometime in January ,2012.

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by BOB OLINGER View Post
    I wasn't aware, so missed it. If anyone knows of it being shown again, please let us know.

Thanks,

bob

They will play this again I'm almost certain, but it might be months and it might not be until around Dec 7th next year. I forgot to set my DVR to record this on Saturday.