Thread: PVC (Azek?) - for gym sign board

PVC (Azek?) - for gym sign board

Hello,

I am a school teacher and I do vinyl decals/signage for the school and have been asked replicate name plates (with vinyl decal) for a roster board in the school gym. The example that I have seems to be 1/8" thick Azek/PVC plastic board (white), would this be something that is special ordered from sign shop/supplier or might I be able to find it at a local lumber yard/home center? I know that I could do white acrylic, but it would not have the same look as what is there already. This was done by a local sign shop in the past but the boosters are looking to do this for a smaller cost this time. My students will do the labor and we will only charge for materials.

Thank you,

Scott D.

This product is available from many manufacturers such as Komatex and Sintra. Sign shops would stock it, but you'd get a better price at a wholesale or even retail sign supply or plastic supply house. Look for Laird or Calsak. Google plastics and Sign Supply in your local area. Most cities will have 3-4 of each. Sign shops are in business to make money and prefer to make the whole sign, so will sell materials but at a good markup. That stuff runs $50 for a 4x8 sheet these days.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green