Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tis the Season … 2011

Talking Tis the Season … 2011

Another eventful year is winding down and the Holiday Season is rapidly approaching! While we all share the love of woodturning, it is understood that we are a diverse group and have many different ways of celebrating at this time of year. I am extremely thankful for many things but especially for my loving family and all my friends here on the Creek!

I have a tradition, over the last few years, of decorating my lathe. I figure if it brings one smile to someone’s face – it was worth the effort!

So, in keeping with the spirit of this newly arrived Holiday Season ……. from my shop to yours …..

Tis the Season 2011.jpg

Have a wonderful - and safe - Holiday Season!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Steve
    To you and your's Happy Holidays, Also a Safe New Year. And nice decorating job.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Back atcha... The angel is a nice touch. And those colored lights make your carpet look faaabulous!
    David DeCristoforo

Happy holidays to you and yours! With the black lathe, it looks a little different than previous years.
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Steve, I will have to admit - the black background certainly adds an element of class to your display. Just think what a bit of holly and spruce would do to really put the finishing touches on it!!

Hope you have a great one!!

Happy Holidays to you and all, And, turn safely those lights could get in the way.
    Last edited by Bill Bulloch; 12-01-2011 at 6:19 AM.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance (still cant believe its December!)

Happy Holidays to everyone. I agree with Bill and think that your lights might create a bit of excitement if you try and turn anything with them on the lathe.
    Turn safe everyone,
    Jack

9. The only thing missing is some turned Christmas ornaments.......................Happy holidays to all our friends here at the creek! I wonder if the vortex gets any bigger in 2012?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Looks like you spent a few quid on this year's light holder...

Merry Christmas Big Fella!

take it easy on the fumes.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Happy holidays to you & yours

Happy Holidays to you and your family Steve! I see you have finally figured out a way to draw some attention away from the fruit stripe super swank shag. Yes you brought a smile to my face, so mission accomplished my friend!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

That's a hoot Steve. I printed this out and put it on the bulletin board for the guys in the shop. They loved it !

Merry Christmas to all you Creekers - Brent at Robust Tools

Steve,

You did it again. Nothing like a 700lb. Christmas tree.

Alan