Thread: Back in the saddle...

Back in the saddle...

I last posted in June, as I had indicated that we were busy with my wife's parents' elderly issues. I monitored the Creek all summer, but just didn't have the time, product or inclination to participate. But I was able to enjoy and learn more as the season went on. I had earlier posted entrance fees for 2 craft shows for the the past weekends, and was able to create enough inventory recently to make a reasonable showing. I consumated enough sales to pay for my Powermatic 3520b and tools from last Spring, and rec'd several orders for Christmas. I followed Mr. keeton's episode, and am glad that it ended well for all concerned. It has been a busy 6 months for many of us, and I don't think that it will change much for us old timers. The pic (sorry about the brevity and poor quality) is from the first craft show at the local hospital benefit.

For you young'uns..... love the one you're with. (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fred, I hope you and your wife have fared well during the family issues - they are never easy. Looks like you have put together a significant showing for the show! Some very nice looking work. You have always done such a nice job with your bowls - we missed seeing them.

Fred - congrats on all your sales!! To be able to pay for your lathe and tools is saying quite a bit!

I hope that your family issues have subsided enough to allow you time to start turning and posting again. Best of luck with that... dealing with elderly family is never easy.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

That is a table full of very interesting turnings. Good Luck to you.
    C&C WELCOME

So it took you what...30...45 minutes to sell all that off? Well done sir!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Congrats on the sales Fred. Anytime you can sell enough to pay for a lathe and tools is good. Went thru the same thing Fred and dealing with elderly parents is not a easy task for sure. Hopefully it went well for you and your wife.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Lots of nice bowls there Fred! Pretty impressive to sell enough to pay for your lathe already! Things will eventually get easier.

Fred --- Pretty impressive display, and congrat's on the sales. Hope things slow down for you enough to be able to replenish your stock soon. Wishing the best for your family.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

That's a nice display of bowls Fred! Congrats on the sales and I hope the family issues are improving.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.