Thread: Alternative to Rowmark ColorCast Acrylics?

Alternative to Rowmark ColorCast Acrylics?

Has anyone used the Rowmark ColorCast Acrylics? Johnsons has it for just under $20 sq ft.......a little expensive if you need a lot.

I need the glossy burgundy. Is it reverse engravable? Is it just really nice cast acrylic? So will my settings to cut/engrave be closer to my acrylic settings or closer to normal Rowmark settings?

Are there any cheaper alternatives?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

It looks like its the same as any other cell cast acrylic. $20 a sq ft is exhorbitant and a total rip off , 1/8th thick colour acvrylic should be round $3 a sq ft and that would be an expensive price , my top quality cast acrylic I imported from china is round $2 a sq ft.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Just buy clear acrylic and paint it with a rattle can of spray paint. It will look amazing and you can have any color that the spray paint comes in. You can reverse engrave it as well.

I paint acrylic quite often. It turns out outstanding. You can do a crummy job on the paint side, but when you flip it over, the paint looks like glass it's so smooth.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott,

Normally I woud suggest that, but they want it to match existing signage.

I just can't believe how much this stuff costs and that no one else carries it or something similar.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Scott,

Normally I woud suggest that, but they want it to match existing signage.

I just can't believe how much this stuff costs and that no one else carries it or something similar.
    I have done it and matched, but it takes a lot of extra time to match the paint color, so the savings is uses up in labor.
    If you have to match something that's not a standard color it's the only way to go, other than paying Rowmark for custom and that is really expensive.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

@Steve contact Howard at www.norvaplastics.com and he'll hook you up a lot cheaper than $20 a sqft.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

You got it cheap, I just looked up 1/8 colorcast in Canada and its $37.50 sq ft.
    2017 Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Corel X8
    Photograv 3.0

New Hermes Pantograph
    2-Corner cutters/notchers
    1- Combo Shear.
    Vision VE810HD Rotary
    Numerous support tools.