Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SawMill Creek Swap Meet May 14th, 2005

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Haynes
    It will be nice to be around folks who speak the same language, 9 times out of 10 my wife has no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to woodworking.
    Andy
    You should have married one who was bilingual instead of a pretty one then

Finally!

A WWing function within an easy driving distance! I will be there, provided the BT is not closed by an errant freighter or somesuch nonsense.

The SawpMeet is shaping up nicely and we are adding to the list of vendors who are donating prizes almost every day. Now I need volunteers for demonstrations. Anyone willing to help me out?

Just wondering- are future swap meets going to be in VA or are you guys planning to rotate around the country? The reason I ask is that I would really like to go but the distance is a little hard to swing right now. However, if a swap meet was organized for somewhere closer, I would be all over it.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

Ernie,

Any Member of SawMill Creek can host an SMC SwapMeet and we will do everything we can to support the effort. In time we hope to see official SMC sponsored events all over the country...even the left coast

The drive from Alabama might not seem so long if you join us and win one of the drawing prizes

We will have more information to share concerning prizes in the very near future.

Am I missing something? Is there a location established for the meet? Address? Or is this only obtained via email?

I was just in Yorktown/W'burg yesturday. A "quick" one day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lewis
    Am I missing something? Is there a location established for the meet? Address? Or is this only obtained via email?

I was just in Yorktown/W'burg yesturday. A "quick" one day trip.

The first post in this thread contains all of the location and date information for the Swap Meet. (Gloucester County, Virginia)

Here is a list of nearby Hotels and Motels, courtesy of Mapquest.

For those who want to stay in a really nice Bed and Breakfast rich in history, check out the Inn at Warner Hall. I've played there (on piano) for a number of different occasions, but have no commercial affiliation. It's about 10 minutes away.

For the actual address to the event, email Keith Outten. Keith is working on posting a page with pertinent information soon.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Ernie,

Any Member of SawMill Creek can host an SMC SwapMeet and we will do everything we can to support the effort. In time we hope to see official SMC sponsored events all over the country...even the left coast

The drive from Alabama might not seem so long if you join us and win one of the drawing prizes

We will have more information to share concerning prizes in the very near future.
    Yeah, I know it is doable, since several folks are making a longer drive than that. However, I am already driving east for a brother-in-law's graduation a few weeks later and my work schedule the first part of May is pretty full.

Is there any chance that Ken would be interested in getting something together in the Huntsville, AL area? Maybe Nashville or somewhere this area? I'd be glad to help out.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

Keith,

Your timing couldn't be better. I have been in Kuwait since last year and hope to be returning about 1 May. I will definitely be there. I have been contemplating some new purchases for the shop. I think I will wait and see what the swap meet produces before I write a check to the local Woodcraft.
    I will be sending you the required info to be eligible for the prize drawings.

I've been excited about coming home. The chance to rub elbows with some fellow creekers just adds to the excitement. Maybe if I bring some ice cold BL for Ken he will share some of his woodworking prowess with me.
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Mike,

It will sure be good to see you again and we all wish you a safe and speedy trip home.

There will be plenty of tools and stuff as drawing prizes and lots of people are bringing equipment and lumber to sell. I am going to silent auction my 24" drum sander and have the Grizzly radial drill to sell. As far as Ken goes it doesn't take much to get the Old Rebel talking, just pop the first top and away he goes .

My workshop has undergone a huge transformation since your last visit. My Dad and I have almost completed a total rehab moving everything around to find as much floor space as we can since we gave up almost 25% of the shop to the new router. I think one more weekend should finish the reorganization project.

Godspeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Leonard
    Keith,

Maybe if I bring some ice cold BL for Ken he will share some of his woodworking prowess with me.
    Mike,

Looking forward to meeting you there.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

EZ Smart Demo

I spoke with Dino Makropoulos today and discussed some recent design improvements made to the EZ Smart System. Dino will be doing system demonstrations at the Swap Meet. I for one am looking forward to meeting Dino and seeing the system demos.

We are adding more and more door prizes as time draws near to the event. In order to be eligible for door prizes you must e-mail keith@sawmillcreek.org that you are attending so your name can be entered in the pot.

Everyone should make an attempt to attend.

Looking forward to meeting all of you there.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 04-22-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

SwapMeet FreeStuff from Berea Hardwoods

Berea Hardwoods donated two flat top American solid Sterling Silver ballpoint pen kits. These will make beautiful pens for someone special.
    http://www.bereahardwoods.com

Swap Meet Directions

Hello everybody, this is my first post. Would like to come down for the swap meet, looking for directions. I'll be coming from NJ. Can't seem to find them anywhere on the site.
    Thanks
    Scott

Scott,

I just scanned a wide area map for the web page and have already started emailing the local area map with the directions to our event. You need to send me an email with your name and address, I will respond with the map and event information.

Your email message will be printed and used for the FreeStuff drawings.