Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SawMill Creek Swap Meet May 14th, 2005

Buzz,

We will post a map and driving directions on the new web site for the SwapMeet with all the details later this weekend. Don't forget to send me an email with your name and address, we will print and use the email messages for all of the FreeStuff Drawings. If you don't send an email to me you won't be elligible to win.

The FreeStuff Drawing prizes are growing, General Industrial Supply may send us multiple tools to give away, they are keeping us in suspense for now but will announce their gifts shortly

More FreeStuff

Penn State Industries sent us one of their new Pen Press Assemblies to give away at our SwapMeet. The #Penpress2 adjusts instantly and exerts up to 300 pounds of pressure.

WoodCraft has also been very generous and has offered a $75.00 gift certificate and they are searching for a few other gifts to send our way.

Our SawpMeet is really shaping up and with so many prizes to award you will most definately want to join us on May 14th.

You must send me an email with your name and address and be present at the SwapMeet to win a prize.

keith@sawmillcreek.org
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 04-12-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Silent Auction - 24" Drum Sander

I have a Grizzly 24" Dual Drum Sander that I will auction at the SwapMeet. My Silent Auction of the sander will most likely be the best buy of the day or should I say the least cost per pound of any tool offered.

All members of SMC will be offered the opportunity to bid. I will post a new thread the morning of May 14th and bidding will be open until 2pm EST.

The winner must pick up the sander at my shop.

Swap Meet Directions

I must have dozed off or something but I can't find the directions to the Swap Meet on May 14th. I'm booked at a motel and ready for a good time.

Tom Kelley

SwapMeet Prizes from WoodCraft

WoodCraft has sent me the following items for our SwapMeet free prize drawings;

1 - A $75.00 gift certificate
    2 - The Art of Segmented Wood Turning by Malcolm Tibbetts
    3 - WoodCraft Magazine January 2005
    4 - WoodCraft Magazine March 2005
    5 - WoodCraft Magazine May 2005

There are still several companies who have expressed their interest in providing tools for our SwapMeet drawings, I believe the current list includes 16 tools and is growing

Keith,

Your timing couldn't be better. I have been in Kuwait since last year and hope to be returning about 1 May. I will definitely be there. I have been contemplating some new purchases for the shop. I think I will wait and see what the swap meet produces before I write a check to the local Woodcraft.
    I will be sending you the required info to be eligible for the prize drawings.

I've been excited about coming home. The chance to rub elbows with some fellow creekers just adds to the excitement. Maybe if I bring some ice cold BL for Ken he will share some of his woodworking prowess with me.
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Mike,

It will sure be good to see you again and we all wish you a safe and speedy trip home.

There will be plenty of tools and stuff as drawing prizes and lots of people are bringing equipment and lumber to sell. I am going to silent auction my 24" drum sander and have the Grizzly radial drill to sell. As far as Ken goes it doesn't take much to get the Old Rebel talking, just pop the first top and away he goes .

My workshop has undergone a huge transformation since your last visit. My Dad and I have almost completed a total rehab moving everything around to find as much floor space as we can since we gave up almost 25% of the shop to the new router. I think one more weekend should finish the reorganization project.

Godspeed!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Leonard
    Keith,

Maybe if I bring some ice cold BL for Ken he will share some of his woodworking prowess with me.
    Mike,

Looking forward to meeting you there.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

EZ Smart Demo

I spoke with Dino Makropoulos today and discussed some recent design improvements made to the EZ Smart System. Dino will be doing system demonstrations at the Swap Meet. I for one am looking forward to meeting Dino and seeing the system demos.

We are adding more and more door prizes as time draws near to the event. In order to be eligible for door prizes you must e-mail keith@sawmillcreek.org that you are attending so your name can be entered in the pot.

Everyone should make an attempt to attend.

Looking forward to meeting all of you there.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 04-22-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

SwapMeet FreeStuff from Berea Hardwoods

Berea Hardwoods donated two flat top American solid Sterling Silver ballpoint pen kits. These will make beautiful pens for someone special.
    http://www.bereahardwoods.com

Swap Meet Directions

Hello everybody, this is my first post. Would like to come down for the swap meet, looking for directions. I'll be coming from NJ. Can't seem to find them anywhere on the site.
    Thanks
    Scott

Scott,

I just scanned a wide area map for the web page and have already started emailing the local area map with the directions to our event. You need to send me an email with your name and address, I will respond with the map and event information.

Your email message will be printed and used for the FreeStuff drawings.

Keith,

I am still waiting on email direction to the swap meet. Could you please send them to me at keith@ratlifflogging.com please ASAP

Swap Meet: Sad and happy

Of all the things to happen- - -I was chosen to show my goods and demo at the Art on the Half-Shell Show in Urbanna, VA that same day. Could not pass on my first juried show although I was torn and committed to the SMC Swap Meet. Such is life. Urbanna is not far up the Neck from Glouchester so some folks could stop on the way up, or down, and say hello. I'll be working from 8 to 5 and missing you guys.
    Philip

Too bad that you have to attend to be eligible to win something from the swap meet. I understand that it will certainly draw a bigger crowd that way but for those of us that can't attend it sure is a bummer. Know that we will be there in spirit though.