Thread: Little lathe arrived for school shop!

Little lathe arrived for school shop!

The new lathe for our school shop showed up at my house yesterday, so I was able to take it on into to school today. It fit right into the front seat of my Accord for the trip. When I took it out of the packaging I noticed that a peace of the foam was broken, but didn't think much of it until I looked at the door that one uses to change belt. The door has a bad crack in it, but everything else is perfect. I contacted Delta and they are sending me a new door as soon as they get one in, so a little duct tape will hold it until that time. My students where excited to get to break it in today, as I was. I turned the finial set for a sea urgent Christmas ornament seen in the picture. Made a quick stand from some thick shelving boards I had lying around and another tool rack which needs some more tools. The finish of the bed ways seems to be better on this lathe than the other two purchased for the school a year and a half ago. The on/off switch is different and I don't like it as well. One has to push back or pull forward on this switch which is really cool unless you want to turn it off in an emergency. You have to think push or pull kind of like walking into doors at a public place. I like the old switch that just has to be pushed down to turn off.
    Jack

Nothing like a new lathe, ornament looks very nice as well.

That's a lot of lathe for the front seat of a Honda!

Congrats on the new lathe! I bet those kids are getting a good dose of new tool lust!!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll