Thread: The "Weave"

The "Weave"

Made of Yellow Heart wood with blue alumilite on a gold Churchill Kit.
    Weave 2.jpgWeave 1.jpgWeave A.jpgWeave B.jpg

Cool looking pen. Really like the weave pattern.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

What Bernie said - cool looking pen! My OCD would make me put that cap on aligned just right with the weave on the pen every time if it were mine!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Beautiful pen! Great job of gluing it all up!

How hard was it to get everything glued up so perfectly?
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

That's a neat looking design. Nice work.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Eugene is one of the most creative guys I know. Doug there was no glue up in that pen except for gluing the tube in the blank. I know how he does it and all I have to say is he is an amazing guy. Most people don't know but Eugene probably makes more blanks than any single person in the country I never ask but but I bet he makes 50+ thousand blank every year. I know how much resin he buys. He is a heck of a nice guy and a good friend that makes wonderful stuff and probably one of the hardest workers you will ever meet.

Alan

I got to agree with Allen Eugenes a great guy and put out some great Blanks.

My son said it reminded him of "Wolverine"..
    Lupe D. -
    TEXICANWOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Trout View Post
    Eugene is one of the most creative guys I know. Doug there was no glue up in that pen except for gluing the tube in the blank. I know how he does it and all I have to say is he is an amazing guy. Most people don't know but Eugene probably makes more blanks than any single person in the country I never ask but but I bet he makes 50+ thousand blank every year. I know how much resin he buys. He is a heck of a nice guy and a good friend that makes wonderful stuff and probably one of the hardest workers you will ever meet.
    Alan
    Dang Alan, now I am going to have to up your royalty payments. 50k blanks is a stretch but I am trying my best o move in that direction.

Doug, like Alan said, no glue-up here. The grooves are cut on the table saw and then the blank is cast in resin to fill the voids...you won't really see the weaves until you turn it down to size.

Beautiful work! I love the vibrant colors and the precision of the design!

I'll have to 3rd that motion! The amount of effort Eugene puts into the chemistry and effort of blank making is far beyond any HF or finial work...this guy works his backside off!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots