Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The vortex got me, a lathe has been ordered.

Ive got all the wood you could ever need...still cleaning up a pile of spalted sycamore and riverbirch that met their demise...some green some dried out...if shipping is reasonable i'll gladly shoot you a few blocks.

I was in the same spot as you. When my lathe arrived, the tools hadn't gotten here yet....so.... I turned my first project (a bowl) with a standard 1" bench chisel! Talk about a lot of tool marks to sand out!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Derek, looks great!! Glad you finally got it in and made some shavings. Those new tools will make a huge difference.

Derek, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but look down. You are on the lip......below is the real vortex you are headed for. Enjoy your turning obsession. It is one demensia that does no harm and is fun
    I turn, therefore I am

Congrats on a nice lathe! Good luck on picking up some tools!

Derek - I really feel sorry for you, getting sucked into this mess with the rest of us.

Seriously, I hear that is a great lathe. Turning sure is a lot of fun. My wife never misses a chance to tell me how expensive it is.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Misery loves company....
    I drink, therefore I am.