Thread: Whee down the slippery slope

Whee down the slippery slope

Somebody throw me a rope.

So last week I picked up a Wooden adjustable Stanley level pat date 1890 about 28" long works great, a marking Gauge split beam with a pin on both ends (unknown manufacture) a Stanley 51 spoke shave & a Millers Falls 2 speed Shoulder Drill ( I think thats the name) Total cost $75.

I collect old tools more often now days & even use them on occasion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Brrrr kinda cold here on the Neanderthal side.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Is that display in your shop?
    Jim

Yes Jim it's my shop clock made out of old fence cedar & planes restored to good working condition.

In keeping within the Neander bi-laws, I can only assume that's a wind-up clock?!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Yep sure is John I wound up putting a battery in it. No tail though.

Nice thing is that the only cost for the clock was the numbers & the planes.

Making the clock was easy restoring the planes took a little longer.

Bart,
    I just hope that clock is not too high so you can reach up and use those planes every now and then.

Restoring old fence cedar

"it's my shop clock made out of old fence cedar & planes restored to good working condition"

You should post an article on restoring old fence cedar to good working condition. I find the new fence cedar doesn't work near as well as the old stuff, expecially the pre-war cedar.

Marc
    Marc

The ceiling is only 7'10" so the clock is just right to reach up & get the planes down for use.

The only restoring I did to the cedar was to make sure that there was not any dirt on or metal in the board before sawing.