Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backsaw advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Coen View Post
    Yeah, I've tried it, and it came the closest to what I'm looking for. Still not quite there, though. I think I may order the kit (I've already done a rip and xcut carcase saw kits - the xcut carcase saw is probably my favorite saw) and just re-file it myself.
    Sounds like a good plan to me - certainly wouldn't take long to take the fleam out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post

I'm still inclined to recommend that the OP get a dedicated rip or xcut, but looking at the specs on the Gramercy saw, it could be a nice option.
    It really is a great saw, and would be a great option for the OP. Joel is exactly right about the xcuts it produces in hardwood.

Plus, it would be easy enough to file to a dedicated rip saw in the future when the OP is able to expand his saw nest by adding dedicated saws for xcut and rip.

Get the Bad Axe "jack" saw.

You might not need another. It's expensive, true enough.
    It's worth every penny.

Just be careful in handling the blade guard, the damn thing is sharp enough to cut the unwary user.
    DAMHIKT

I strongly suggest to buy the lv carcass saw,it works well on middle size tenon and you can save money for the 14" lv tenon saw that Rob Lee announced some time ago..