Thread: Creekers in the Tappahannock-Northern Neck area??

Creekers in the Tappahannock-Northern Neck area??

This thread pre-cleared with the Mod Squad:

I have a close friend with a house in Virginia's No Neck area...Montross - Warsaw - Callao area [Hague/Coles Point specifically]. Tappahannock is in the general area.

I have "helped" him with a variety of projects in his house, all the way from a fish-cleaning table on the dock, to a workbench in the garage/shop, to a recently built-in bench/drawers/shelving unit in the "mud room". When I say "help", that means I provide designs, instructions, supervision, expert assistance, wise-guy demeaning comments, etc., and if something needs to be done precisely and soon, I do it without his "help". In return, I have a key to his house, I know where he keeps the key to his boat, and his wine closet is always well-stocked with drinkable stuff - not world class, but reasonable. I do the projects to pay the rent, because there is always a room for me to use, and I have been bumming around with him for > 35 years.

He has no big-time stationary equipment, and that is not likely in the foreseeable future.

There are some projects on his wife's list that I will be "helping" with at some point in upcoming months. But - the design and build options are restricted by the equipment limitations. Were it in my shop, it would be blow-and-go, with the TS, jointer, planer.

So - I am looking to see if there is someone in that general region with whom I could have a PM-email discussion about access to their shop. Whether it is me on the gear, or you, whether money or boat access needs to change hands - all of those are reasonable items to discuss.

Thanks

Kent
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

i'm in king george. pm sent.