Thread: I said I didn't want another Pond !!

Wink I said I didn't want another Pond !!

And, by gosh, we don't. Like anything new, you have to get use to it. Some things you never get use to, like some other forums. This is gonna' work. Rome, and my wifes' sewing room, were not built in a day. Rome was easier. So, tell your friends and lets have some fun with the new gadgets here. And, if something doesn't work, call Keith. That works just fine. Here is a toast to Sawmill Creek. To Keith and his staff, and to all of you. May this be the forum of all wood working forums. Cheers !!
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Cheers!

Thumbs up This is a great set-up.

Once the Saw Mill gets fine tuned, it's gonna be a great site. It already is. I love the new toys.
    Every deed plants a seed.

Totally agree ...

Having browsed the pond for a while, unfortunately just long enough to thoroughly enjoy it, only to have it close so soon, Sawmill Creek is a breath of fresh air. The format is so user friendly. Hats off to Kieth.
    Thanks, Ron

Smile

Hi Phil. Glad to here you like it. I am just beginning to learn the ropes here. It surely looks like this will be a winner of a site. I hope the "core ponders" decide to land here.

But I must admit, I am still trying to decide between here and WC. I truely believe that both sites are trying their best to make us feel at home. So, I will continue to split my time for a while....

Decisions, decisions, that is why I retired....
    Last edited by Ken Garlock; 02-16-2003 at 11:10 PM.
    Best Regards, Ken

Hear! Hear!

Originally posted by Phil Phelps
    And, by gosh, we don't. Like anything new, you have to get use to it. Some things you never get use to, like some other forums. This is gonna' work. Rome, and my wifes' sewing room, were not built in a day. Rome was easier. So, tell your friends and lets have some fun with the new gadgets here. And, if something doesn't work, call Keith. That works just fine. Here is a toast to Sawmill Creek. To Keith and his staff, and to all of you. May this be the forum of all wood working forums. Cheers !!
    To Keith and his staff!

Thumbs up

Phil, looks like you got your PC snafu worked out. Cool. And I think your comments regarding this forum will be duplicates of what many folks are/will be thinking, myself inclusive! The place is really shaping up. Kind of like watching one of your own woodworking projects, going from the plan to raw material, on to milling and the entire evolutionary process it undergoes. Kinda' neat, if you ask me.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Yes, it seems that fate was smiling on us Ponders when Saw Mill Creek came on the horizon. I really like this place and Wood Central, aka Ellis Island. I think I will frequent both of these places as well as a couple of others that I have been visiting for a few years.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Thumbs up Beginning to feel like a pair of old shoes!

Phil,

I have to agree with you. I tried to fit into the Wood Central forum and they are a bunch of great folks there no doubt. But after being a Ponder for these past few years, I felt like an utsider over there at WC.
    This place has a good feel to it already :-)
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods