Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epilog Laser Power Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    I've requested information from a few laser mfg's (Epilog and ULS being two fo them), and based upon the sales response I've recevied, I can only surmise that they're doing VERY well with sales outside of complete laser systems. I actually received NO response from Epilog when I requested additional information about the used laser on their website.

The general lack of initiative is quite striking, considering this economy.
    Bob,

I'm VERY surprised about the lack of response from Epilog......they have been superb to me. I would suggest you send a PM to Peck Sidera on here......he's the best and will get you an answer.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Bob,

I'm VERY surprised about the lack of response from Epilog......they have been superb to me. I would suggest you send a PM to Peck Sidera on here......he's the best and will get you an answer.
    Tell me about it, I'm actually a bit baffled and wonder if there isn't some other "Bob Savage" that's blackballed from the laser equip industry.

Epilog sent me the package quickly and a reseller in the area sent me a "come to our laser and Coreldraw semina" e-mail, but my question about the seminar went unanswered, despite my "potential customer" statement in my reply.

Universal took about a week to send me the packet, but a local rep in Fountain Valley called me the following day. He said that he would send me a package with information too... that never arrived.

I'm looking used only now though, since I simply cannot afford new at this time for something with a big enough work surface for the fun stuff I want to burn up.

On the upside, I'm in no hurry now that I've decided to just stick with IT and figure out the laser as a hobby. I'm just going to hang around here and bug you guys until I get one, and then I'll REALLY start bugging you guys.

Thanks for the contact name.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Thanks Steve.

Bob, I'm not sure what happened or why your original inquires went unanswered, not typical at all from either the factory or our reps in the field.

I'd be more than happy to assist in anyway possible, send me an email or PM with a compilation of your questions and I'll make sure they're answered in a timely manner.

Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business.

email pecks at epiloglaser dot com
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

Lack of Reply

Epilog sent me the package quickly and a reseller in the area sent me a "come to our laser and Coreldraw semina" e-mail, but my question about the seminar went unanswered, despite my "potential customer" statement in my reply.
    Bob,

At the risk of suggesting the obvious here (similar to tech support's "is it plugged in?" common query) -- did you double check your junk/spam folder?

We are not the responsible distributor in your neck of the woods but many (most?) of our fellow laser mfg. distributors work the way we do which is -- we reply to EVERY email received within 24 hours. If you don't get a reply from us within 24 hours, it means we did not get your email (or, much more frequently, our reply is in your spam folder).

Good luck with your search for a new/used laser. If you move to Texas (or nearby state) before you buy a laser, call us!
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Peck, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette Brewer View Post
    Bob,

At the risk of suggesting the obvious here (similar to tech support's "is it plugged in?" common query) -- did you double check your junk/spam folder?

We are not the responsible distributor in your neck of the woods but many (most?) of our fellow laser mfg. distributors work the way we do which is -- we reply to EVERY email received within 24 hours. If you don't get a reply from us within 24 hours, it means we did not get your email (or, much more frequently, our reply is in your spam folder).

Good luck with your search for a new/used laser. If you move to Texas (or nearby state) before you buy a laser, call us!
    Hi Jeanette,

I did ensure that nothing was getting caught by the spam filter. Gmail is very good at spam handling, but when I don't receive responses, I do check there just in case. Perhaps my message ended up in the local dealers spam box.

In any event, thank you for the input. Interestingly enough, I was looking at housing costs in TX just last week, but the 100+ degree weather we've been having in CA reminded me why I don't want to move there!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3