Thread: Anyone use grizzly lvlp spray gun?

Anyone use grizzly lvlp spray gun?

Here is there spray gun I thinkin about ordering .
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/Prof...un-1-3mm/H7666

I got a 3 hp 20 gallon compressor.I'm going to to use target satin em6000any recommendations ?Thank you

I'd check to see if additional tips are available. The tip size appropriate for alcohol based dyes is not appropriate for acrylic enamel. To illustrate the point, yesterday I sprayed a louvered wood door. Two coats of SealCoat shellac followed up with two coats of thinned acrylic latex. I have an Earlex 5000HVLP unit with 1.5mm & 2.0mm tips. If I do much of this I'll get a 2.5mm tip. I'm pretty sure 1.3mm won't work well with thicker finishes and there's a limit to how much you can thin. I have no experience with with EM6000 so don't know if 1.3mm is appropriate for that or not.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 10-18-2011 at 7:26 AM.

Just saw this old post, but I wanted to mention that this inexpensive gun works really well. I have sprayed a bunch of General Finishes Enduro and Target EM6000 with it (tinted black with universal colorant). The gun works really well for a low cost tool. I haven't figured out how to best minimize overspray with the gun, but it really doesn't seem that bad.