Thread: "Mini-bar"

"Mini-bar"

A friend of mine owns a craft beer brewery and for events and festivals he uses a jockey box to pour beer. It's basically just a coleman cooler with some taps coming out of it so he asked me to make something to dress it up a little bit. I decided on a miniature version of the bar in the tasting room at his brewery.

The base is just a pine and plywood frame covered in reclaimed barn siding, and the top is walnut, heart pine, and little bit of curly maple. It's making its debut tomorrow. I used a marine varnish on the top because it's going to get wet. I wasn't thrilled with the way it laid down, but it was cold in the garage when i was applying it so that probably didn't help.

Photo Oct 07, 11 58 49 AM.jpg

If I was bellied up to that bar I would definitely pause to inspect it . I am not sure I love the combination of styles but the top and bottom look exceptional! Don't get me wrong I think they look good together but the styles are contrasting in every way: opposites in color, gloss finish vs faded paint, curved flowing edges on a rectilinear base.
    Salem

I like that top! Nice job.

Looks good. Post some pics of it use with the taps installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem Ganzhorn View Post
    If I was bellied up to that bar I would definitely pause to inspect it . I am not sure I love the combination of styles but the top and bottom look exceptional! Don't get me wrong I think they look good together but the styles are contrasting in every way: opposites in color, gloss finish vs faded paint, curved flowing edges on a rectilinear base.Salem
    Believe me the contrast in styles was something I wrestled with. When I first mocked it up i wondered what I was thinking... But it's growing on me big time... In really like the various contrasts now.