Thread: new carving stock

new carving stock

i took a fairly long drive to new england and came home with these chunks of white pine. the rule is 4 feet long. now i have to figure out what to do with em.

Those are huge! I'm sure you'll think of something. How about a coffee table composed of stacks of giant-sized $50 bills? Just kidding!

Looks like some great Windsor chair seats to me, but for some reason I think you have other things in mind!

Where'd you get them anyway, Randall? I'm always looking for wide slabs like that and I'm in New England.

Hope all is well.

Kevin

kevin.....i got them at "new england naval timber" in cornwall, conn. its in the northwest corner of the state.....beautiful country. they had an unsawn log about 4 foot around and 12 foot long. i didnt think it was gonna fit in my toyota pick up. then they showed me these. i had them cut em in half to fit in the truck.

Thanks, Randall, I'm not familiar with them, but will check them out. That is a beautiful part of the state. I usually go up the road from there a bit to Berkshire Wood Products just over the border into western MA. They have unbelievable slabs, too.

Can't wait to see what you have planned next...

Kevin