Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making the bell ornaments

Excellent tutorial. Gotta give some of these a try.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Curt that is just awesome, I love those!! In the time I have been on this great site I think I have copied your work more then any other I have seen....alot of it has just "clicked" with me, if I had not had to pack my lathe away for the winter and for my move I would be making some of these for the upcoming holidays, love it. Next summer I will be making some for sure!!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Curt that was a great tutorial. Making one is going toward the top of my todo list.

"The best things in life are not things."

Lovely work, Curt! Thanks for taking the time to share the process!

Thanks for the tutorial this looks great.

Thanks Curt. Great goblet and great explanation!

This is an excellent bell, and idea. I'm going to give it a try for sure.

Also wanted to mention that #10 picture, doesn't show up when you click on it to see it larger. Don't know if it's the site, or something in the html, but.... Don't know if it's "fixable" for not. Great work!!

Well go figure, now it (#10 picture) works....

I will agree with the others here.,your tutorial is very well done. Without the pictures I probally would not try it but now it looks much easier. Looks like I may work on one for christmas. It's going in my favorites right now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post

Where do you get your 1/8" birch plywood?
    Ken, I got the plywood at Michaels but I think most any craft store would have it.

Thanks for the information Curt!!

Curt, this was really an excellent tutorial, for an excellent project. I don't usually take the time to do it, but I thought this was well worth keeping - and turned it into a .pdf that I can store and save.

It is just slightly too large to upload here in the forum (won't allow it), but if you'd like it - let me know and I can email it to you

If it's ok with you, I'd be willing to email it to anyone else too. Going to check if there is a library here that it might fit in if that's ok with you. Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Rupert View Post
    Curt, this was really an excellent tutorial, for an excellent project. I don't usually take the time to do it, but I thought this was well worth keeping - and turned it into a .pdf that I can store and save.

It is just slightly too large to upload here in the forum (won't allow it), but if you'd like it - let me know and I can email it to you

If it's ok with you, I'd be willing to email it to anyone else too. Going to check if there is a library here that it might fit in if that's ok with you. Larry
    Share it with anyone interested. I'm glad you were able to understand my directions.

Curt this is such a timely thread. I have a SIL that collects bells. every year for Christmas I try to turn her a new bell and I was starting to run out of ideas. If you don't mind too much I think I will make one very much like it. I love it and I know she will too.
    Thanks again Sir..................

Steve

Thanks for posting, Curt.

Nice Curt!
    I like the bell detail. Classy
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...