Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Shipping company wont deliver cnc!

john you you just got yourself one fine machine, !!!

jerome, the camasters are so solid they do not come unassembled and in a parts box,, you ain't jealous are ya!

Blog Entries
    I had the same issue when my stinger arrived. Flatbed is the way to go. I got a price to rent a forklift- 500$ for the day, ended up using the flatbed only cost 100.
    Good luck your going to have a lot of fun with it.
    Precision Laser Engraving
    Corel X4 60W Laser
    Stinger II 4x4 w/recoil
    Aspire

Who pays for the Flatbed he already paid to have it delivered. No I am not jealous. My machines fit my style of cutting if I need something different I can fire up the Biesse 24 rover pod or the rover b nesting unit.

these are some good dudes running this company, never in a million years are they gonna let this fellow down.

i guess your post seemed a bit shallow for the situation
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 09-22-2011 at 5:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    john you you just got yourself one fine machine, !!!

jerome, the camasters are so solid they do not come unassembled and in a parts box,, you ain't jealous are ya!
    I can't tell you how excited I am. Joey has been in touch and is going to get the shipping snafu all straightened out. I don't think they'll be using the same shipping company out west anymore. What a nightmare!

I do have to say that these last three days have been the longest ten years of my life. I've never been so anxious for a piece of machinery to arrive. I want to thank all of you for your ideas and advice. It's been a huge help having you all to brainstorm with. I will keep you posted as it unfolds and will post some pics once I get it nestled into it's home. I built it it's own room at my shop and even got it it's own dust extractor. I feel like a new dad getting everything ready for my little guy to come home. I guess also like a new dad, once it arrives I wont be getting any sleep for a while

The shipping hub where they are keeping the machine would be a 200 mile round trip for me to pick up. Driving through two very congested cities, Vallejo and Oakland. I looked into it. The truck rental would be about $300 not including gas or milage. It's not cheap or easy to move large (anything) around these parts. It's a stark difference from Montana. Not to mention, driving a flatbed tipper through down town Oakland is putting your life on the line. I'd feel more comfortable taking on a bear with a shovel.

Joey gave me his word he's going to get it squared away. It sounds like they're going to have to hire a 3rd party (or 4th party at this point) shipper to take the package the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-23-2011 at 4:52 AM.

My experience has shown that the drivers and companies seem much more user friendly, willing to work, and work with you in the red states. Except for Miami, that is. The drivers there are close to the worst.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

There are professional machine riggers that do nothing but exactly that. Just tell them where the freight hub is and they'll move it and get it set in place in your shop in one piece. I've moved my entire shop including mills and CNC's several times, and would never attempt it without professional riggers. It is more expensive than doing it yourself, but what's the cost of trying it and messing up the machine?
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings

Hate to see you have so much trouble.
    My Stinger I is due to arrive next week. Does anyone know if it will slide right into the back of a Tacoma bed? I plan on doing that if possible, then backing my truck into my shop underneath my hoist. Then I plan to unload with slings.
    Any good advice for unloading a Stinger I?
    Good luck John.

Thanks a lot Rick. At this moment I could use all the luck I can get. One thing someone recommended earlier was unpacking it if it doesn't fit in your truck. I just checked the dimensions of the stinger I, 33 1/2"x 50"x34" so it should fit in the back of your truck no problem out of the box. I'm sure you'd probably want to bring a packing blanket and some straps, but it might make it easier to unload at the other end as well. On the other hand it might make it more difficult, especially if it's only you unloading it and you have to watch out where to grab. Everyone I have talked to has told me that anything built by CAMaster is built like a tank so I think you'd still be ok. Don't know if that's something to consider or not, but I hope you get it home safe and sound.
    Good luck to you as well Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I own a lot of straps, wenches and .....
    I could use a wench or two sometimes!
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Vereen View Post
    Hate to see you have so much trouble.
    My Stinger I is due to arrive next week. Does anyone know if it will slide right into the back of a Tacoma bed? I plan on doing that if possible, then backing my truck into my shop underneath my hoist. Then I plan to unload with slings.
    Any good advice for unloading a Stinger I?
    Good luck John.
    My tip - when moving be aware that the gantry can slide around freely when powered down. So after you've uncrated it and have started unpacking things, but before you move it, make sure the gantry is securely held in place. I used some stiff bungy cords.

a tank does begin to describe it !! yes it will fit in a tacoma !

John here was my way of unloading, my huge 6 ft by 14 ft Camaster, which was in around Thanksgiving of 2009. I rented a big forklift from a rental store that was 4 miles to the south of me, and drove it up to my place. I got the forks under the main support tubes and pulled out of the rental truck. We then put some steel pipe on under some lumber that was under the feet and rolled ( Egyptian tow truck) it into my shop. The guy in the black shirt in the photo is Joey from Camaster. He and Paul personally drove 1200 miles form Georgia to deliver
    my machine. There was a problem with shipping, and they wanted to get me my machine. I keep tabs on their forum and time after time when someone is having a problem with anything that Camaster is connected with Joey, Paul, Jim, Frank, and the other members of Camaster will help you out. Sorry if I am ranting, but these guys really care about the customer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Camaster CR410 & Epilog Helix
    Prosperity, is something that business people create.......for politicians to take the credit for.

15. There are professional machine riggers that do nothing but exactly that. Just tell them where the freight hub is and they'll move it and get it set in place in your shop in one piece. I've moved my entire shop including mills and CNC's several times, and would never attempt it without professional riggers. It is more expensive than doing it yourself, but what's the cost of trying it and messing up the machine?
    Thats right especily the size of that box, I think making this a west coast issue is off base i had tons of shipments without issues.
    Last edited by Brandon MacDougall; 09-25-2011 at 6:41 PM.