Thread: End of a Frustrating Journey

End of a Frustrating Journey

My Burnmaster unit arrived today and I have to say, it is a very nice piece of work. Here's a pic with one of the pens and tip I made:

branding_1.jpg

It works great but the logo is not exact, requires three impressions and is not too easy to line up. It's doable though and I only need to use it a few times because Sean at Buckeye Engraving is making a small branding tip for me and that is a exact duplicate of the design I came up with and will only require one impression.

logo_sig.jpg

Here's what it looks like with three burns:

branding_2.jpg

Thanx again to all those who tried to coach me through the ultimately futile process of trying to understand enough about basic electronics to enable me to build my own power unit!
    David DeCristoforo

Cool! Thats the unit I bought and I love mine. I have made several custom tips for branding/burning with NiChrome wire and the only problem I can see is replicating the custom tips once I need to replace them!

I would recommend buying a small desk fan to help blow the smoke away from you while your working and a small steel brush (tooth brush size) to clean the wire every 5-6 stampings. That is WHEN you start using it for more than your logo!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

enjoy........

Thanks to Scott H. and Jk's recommendations I bought the same one, love it!! I did the lettering on my cryptex box with it, great unit, wish I didnt have to pack it away for the winter!!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Excellent choice, David! Is the "branding tip" going to fit the burner pen??

"Is the "branding tip" going to fit the burner pen??"

He is making it with a 1/4" long 1/8" diameter post. I can wrap the post with nichrome wire (ala Molly Winton's copper nail head brands) and mount that in the pen. Should be plenty of heat. The Burnmaster is only on "3" with the tip I have now and that leaves 7 to go!
    David DeCristoforo

Cool!

I might have to do the same.... My efforts at "delicate" haven't met with much success.

Burning the heck out of the wood now...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain