My son asked me if we could make a desk. He picked out the design off the net and since we made it together it was one of the most enjoyable projects I have ever done.

55" long x 24" wide and 31" high. The base is cherry, the undercarriage is honey locust and the frame around the top is walnut that I dyed (REALLY hated to do that but the piece needed it). All the solid wood came from my Dad's land and I personally cut down the cherry and honey locust trees.

I really hope that it is handed down through the family and eventually becomes a family heirloom.

The veneer for the top is smoked eucalyptus. My son saw it online and fell in love with it. It is very textured which adds a unique quality to the piece.

He did not want a handle on the drawer so I went with a push latch mechanism. Works well, after I supplemented the ejection with a small spring.

All comments welcomed.

Taking pictures of something this big is WAY more difficult than the pictures I take of my turnings. I definitely need to work on getting better at it!!!

150-5082_IMG.jpg150-5075_IMG.jpg150-5078_IMG.jpg