Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks

Thanks everyone it is very appreciated!! I am keeping my lathe...most all my tools really, except the one massive one I listed in the classifieds, just as soon as I settle in a new home next spring I will have my lathe back in action for sure!!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

I'm glad you're keeping your tools! Sorry to hear your having to relocate/rearrange your life. I wish you all the best and hope that you find a way to keep turning until you get situated... I'd go crazy without turning (it might already be too late anyway for me ) Keep in touch with us, plenty of stuff to study here
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear that Tim!
    On the bright side, we have a very nice club that meets the 3rd Saturday each month in Tempe (about 20 minutes from AJ depending on where in AJ i think) and Woodcraft would be on your way! We've got an all day demo with Chis Pytlik in November (on my side of town)!
    You're more than welcome to drive out to my place on the other side of town, if you get a hankering to turn or it you just want to pick up some wood, and I'm sure other members of the club would be happy to offer the same. Good luck with the move and hope to see you soon!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Thanks for this info Kathy!! I knew that having to pack things away for the winter would drive me batty, it sounds like there may be some hope, once I get settled somewhere in AJ I will try to make it to the Nov meeting, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Marshall View Post
    Sorry to hear that Tim!
    On the bright side, we have a very nice club that meets the 3rd Saturday each month in Tempe (about 20 minutes from AJ depending on where in AJ i think) and Woodcraft would be on your way! We've got an all day demo with Chis Pytlik in November (on my side of town)!
    You're more than welcome to drive out to my place on the other side of town, if you get a hankering to turn or it you just want to pick up some wood, and I'm sure other members of the club would be happy to offer the same. Good luck with the move and hope to see you soon!

As I said over in WTA, we all wish you well and hope you can continue to stay engaged with turning, if only for the de-stressing it usually provides us.
    Be sure to collect some chunks of desert ironwood if you can while in that area...they don't grow that stuff in Maine!
    Take care of yourself and keep in touch!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Moving.... bites!
    Not turning... bites!

But... SMC is still there so you can "keep a toe in the water". My own participation has been minimal of late due to major time constraints but it's still "home". Good luck with the relocation. Ever consider the left coast? Nice and warm mostly and there's plenty of wood. We're a bit odd "out here" at times but not unkind...
    David DeCristoforo

Tim, sorry you are having to move but TAKE THE LATHE!!!! Put it under the bed, throw out the spare tire and put it there, put it under the hood, anything but take the lathe. Your lathe is like a faithful dog (if you have a dog get rid of it and put the lathe in it's house) you know her, Love her and she loves you.

I hope to see you back soon. I am new to turning so I know I can't take credit for the thanks but I know you have given me tips so I extend my thanks to you my friend.

He'll be back, the Vortex is strong with this one.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    C&C Always Welcome
    Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a turnaholic..............
    Hiiii Chris

I fully agree David, I have come to think of a lot of folks here as friends and I will post as often as possible, if I could afford a Toy Hauler Travel Trailer I would mount my lathe in the aft section and use it!! But I can wait a few months, by next summer things will hopefully be back to semi normal, thank you all for the friendship and support it means a lot to me! Tim

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    Moving.... bites!
    Not turning... bites!

But... SMC is still there so you can "keep a toe in the water". My own participation has been minimal of late due to major time constraints but it's still "home". Good luck with the relocation. Ever consider the left coast? Nice and warm mostly and there's plenty of wood. We're a bit odd "out here" at times but not unkind...