Thread: Laser hanging on a node

Laser hanging on a node

Hi All,

I have read here about one or two people having this problem, I have not got double nodes, no lines outside the cutting area, these are files I have cut for years, now all of sudden laser stops for a moment at a node, continues firing, it baffles me, Epilog said something must have changed in the enviroment, but nothing has, the laptop is just used to run the laser, so only windows updates installed, if these were causing the problem then no doubt Epilog would have a fix, when the laser stops for that moment there is a beep from the motherboard, any help, advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nigel
    Nigel Morgan, Epilog Helix 45W, Techno Isel 3024, Corel 12, ArtCam

Blog Entries
    My guess is that the file is corrupted; I had a similar issue with a corel file a while back. I copied the design into a new CDR file and the file ran as expected. Hopefully this helps.

Ernie
    Precision Laser Engraving
    Corel X4 60W Laser
    Stinger II 4x4 w/recoil
    Aspire

I've had the same experience as Ernie. However, sometimes restarting everything (computer, Corel Draw, and laser) fixes it. Very odd. I really do not like spooky behavior when using the same file I have cut from a hundred times or more.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    John, I agree with you; should have pointed that out first.
    Precision Laser Engraving
    Corel X4 60W Laser
    Stinger II 4x4 w/recoil
    Aspire